Shear Forces occurs when two parallel forces act out of alignment with each other. For example, in a large boiler made from sections of sheet metal plate riveted together, there is an equal and opposite force exerted on the rivets, owing to the expansion and contraction of the plates.
Bending Moments are rotational forces within the beam that cause bending. At any point within a beam, the Bending Moment is the sum of: each external force multiplied by the distance that is perpendicular to the direction of the force.
1. To verify the Shear force a cross-section of the beam.
2. To verify the bending moment in cross–section of beam with a flexure condition.
1. Dimensions : 158 cm X 45cm X (h)60cm
2. Total Beam Length : 160 cm with flexure
3. Width of Beam : 5 cm
4. Distance of Length in between : 5 cm
5. Height of beam : 36 mm
6. No. of Hanger for weights : 3
7. No. of Spring Balance : 2 (of 10kg)
8. Total Weight of Apparatus : 13.1 kg
1. Shear force apparatus
2. Bending Moment Apparatus
5. Two Spring balances – 10kgs